Support SLAC USBC and buy custom face masks at Strike12Creations.com
Only $15.00 each – Discounts available for bulk orders.
USBC RULES UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19
The USBC Board of Directors approved waivers and modifications to USBC Playing Rules to allow certified leagues and tournaments more flexibility to return to bowling while adhering to guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Click HERE to read the news release on the modified USBC rules.
- Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions about the reopening of leagues and tournaments.
ADDITIONAL RULES INFORMATION ON COVID-19
- Click HERE for the May edition of Rules Extra that discusses adjusting the prize list and the financial responsibilities of league officers.
- Click HERE for the special Rules Extra and Tournament Flyer discussing leagues and tournaments amid concerns about COVID-19
- Click HERE for the Tournament Flyer that discusses a tournament’s decision to postpone or cancel operations.
- Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions to assist leagues, tournaments and state and local associations
- Click HERE for complete USBC news and information related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective immediately, USBC has temporarily waived USBC Playing Rules 106a, 106b, 320a and 320b, which state two lanes must be used for competition and bowlers must alternate lanes – bowling five frames on each lane of the pair. It also waived the requirement that both lanes must be used for a bowler to be eligible for awards and average recognition. The temporary waiver allows competitions to use one lane for the entirety of a game and allows recognition of scores bowled on a single lane for USBC High Score Awards and for a bowler’s official average. Additionally, bowlers will be allowed to use isopropyl alcohol, more commonly known as rubbing alcohol, to clean their bowling ball during competition. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lists isopropyl alcohol as an approved disinfectant for use against COVID-19.
Bowling ball specifications – Effective August 1, 2020
• A bowling ball’s oil absorption rate must be more than 2 minutes, 15 seconds for the ball to be approved
• Elimination of balance holes; bowlers may have up to five holes for gripping purposes and all must be used on every delivery
• No-thumb bowlers would need to mark by scribe, engraver or tool near the intended center of palm with a plus (+) mark
USBC Youth membership change
Effective August 1, 2020
USBC will lower the maximum age for USBC Youth membership to 18 starting with the 2020-21 season. The decision to lower the maximum age from 20 to 18, with agreement from the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America and the IBC Youth Committee, will align bowling with other youth sports.
Attention: League Secretaries…
- Winter packets will be distributed soon. We are waiting for the centers to re-open. Some averages have been entered. Once leagues from Winter 2019-20 verify that they are ending early, please submit your last league ending sheet to the office so that we can enter your averages. Thank you!
- Remember that all bowlers in your league must submit a USBC membership card. SUBS INCLUDED! Failure to certify a bowler will result in league game forfeitures or possible suspension. Don’t hold on to the membership cards – You may cost someone their 300 or 800 honor award!
- Download the local award forms on our website. They are fillable pdf files, so you can type in the information.
- Submit check or money order payments with sanction cards. Only personal checks from Association Secretaries will be accepted. Make checks out to: “Southern LA County USBC”.
2020-21 USBC ADULT MEMBERSHIP:
- Standard USBC Membership: $25
- Senior League Sanction: $21 (*Purchased ONLY in a USBC Certified Senior League)
- Senior Sanction Upgrade to Standard League: $4 (*Upgrade to Standard Membership if bowling outside of a senior league)
- Summer Basic League Membership: $12 (16 weeks or less; No local awards, certified average only; one league only)
- Membership card only (POL): No Fee (*Membership purchased in another SLAC league)
- Local Transfer Fee: $10 (*Membership purchased in another CA Association)
2020-21 USBC YOUTH MEMBERSHIP:
- Standard USBC Membership: $14
– Upgrade to Junior Gold U12 Division: Additional $10
– Upgrade to Junior Gold U15 / U17 / U20 Division: Additional $30
- Special Olympics Membership: $20 (For those over 18+; Doctor’s note required)
Congratulations to Stephanie Zavala! Her 859 series (279, 300, 280) bowled on 7/7/19 in the Mexican American Bowling Assoc. league at Del Rio Lanes was the highest adult female certified series in the nation for 2018-19. She will be receiving a special award from USBC National High Series Award for her outstanding achievement. CONGRATS!
2020 YOUTH CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS
2020 ADULT CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS – CANCELLED
THE ANNUAL MEETING AND AWARDS LUNCHEON IS POSTPONED.
WE WILL RE-SCHEDULE SOON.
CONGRATULATIONS AWARD WINNERS!
Superior Performance – Vernon Adams
Superior Performance – Leonard Ruiz Jr.
Superior Performance – Jim Harvey
Superior Performance – Carl Labayan
Superior Performance – Carolyn Medina-Hanson
Superior Performance – Heidi Jackson
Superior Performance – Roberta Vann
Superior Performance – Felecia Tripp
Meritorious Service – Conan Liu
Meritorious Service – Megan Fernandes
Meritorious Service – Willie Horne
Meritorious Service – Cookie Armenta
Meritorious Service – Tom Ferry
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Stella Riley, El Dorado Tournament Club
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Lillie Darden, Big Bear
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Josh Hudson, Sr Men’s Trios & Young at Heart
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Willie Sandford, Senior Chris Angels
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Pearlie Watts, 555 Scratch Trios
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Gladys Stout, Sr Mixed Hdcp, Vagabonds, Youth
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Edward Abboud, Dynamic Duos
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Lina James, L1011 Seniors & Friends
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Sandra Randall, Sea Vikings
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Rachel Witt, Golden 55 / Wed K&Q
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Maria McMillan, Paint Manufacturing
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Lotti Burgess, FSF Seniors And Friends
League Secretary Appreciation Award – Barbara Pesich, Monday Ladies Trios
FOREST LANES, Lake Forest
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Hosted by SLAC USBC and OC USBC
FOREST LANES, Lake Forest
Sunday, September 27, 2020
Hosted by SLAC USBC and OC USBC
SLAC USBC Jerseys for Sale!
Visit Strike 12 Creations to order. Jerseys start at $54.99 plus tax and shipping. Free name customization on the back and three jersey styles to choose from (v-neck, quarter neck and crew). Ball manufacturer logos can be added for a nominal licensing fee. Allow 4 weeks for production and shipping. For a generic jersey with no name on the back, visit our tournaments or bowling office! We have select women’s v-neck jerseys available for a special sample sale price of $50 flat.
Commemorative Palos Verdes Bowl Jerseys for Sale!
Visit Strike 12 Creations to order. Special pricing of $65 flat. Free name customization on the back. Ball manufacturer logos can be added for a nominal licensing fee. Allow 4 weeks for production and shipping.
To the members of the Southern LA County USBC Association,
Welcome SLAC bowler! First and foremost, I would like to thank the bowlers and board of directors for allowing me to continue to serve as the President of the Southern LA County USBC. Your confidence in my abilities and commitment is greatly appreciated and I plan to do all I can to live up to the responsibilities and expectations.
We have made progress in improving our services and we will continue to do so for the upcoming season. The Board of Directors and I will continue to work hard to provide the best product for the bowlers of the Southern LA County USBC, however if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us as we would love to hear from you.
The association is already working on the entries for the Open, Women’s, Youth, BVL, and Senior tournaments. Participation is up in our annual championship tournaments, and we hope to continue that trend for the upcoming season. We ask that you give renewed support and vigorous participation in all of our local tournaments, as the future of this association rests on the participation of its membership.
Our youth bowlers are the future of the sport, so I would like to ask that ALL bowlers support our youth, and welcome those that have made the transition into adulthood. As a past youth bowler (many… many… many years ago), I can attest to the fact that bowling was a much needed outlet to get through the confusing period of what is known as “the teens”, so please support the youth bowlers, as they are not only the future of our sport, they are also the future of our society. We also welcome increased adult participation and involvement in our youth committee to raise funds to provide additional scholarship opportunities.
Let us all keep these words in mind and move forward as ONE united team to support and enhance the sport we all love!