SLAC USBC used to be the Southeast District Bowling Association and moved to Bellflower during the 1969-70 season. Their office used to be located on Alondra Blvd. in Compton prior to that move. The SLAC USBC association has evolved over the many decades with the following past associations all merging together at some point:
- Southeast District Bowling Association (SEDBA) Established 1935
- Los Angeles Women’s Bowling Association (LAWBA) Established 1925
- Long Beach Bowling Association (LBBA) Established 1945
- Long Beach Women’s Bowling Association (LBWBA) Established 1946
- Southeast District Youth Bowling Association (SEDYBA) Established 1963
There is a lot of history here and we have the old average books on display starting from the late 1930s.
- Long Beach Bowling Association merged with the SEDBA in 1997
- Los Angeles Women’s Bowling Association merged with Southern Los Angeles County Bowling Association in 2005-06
- Long Beach Women’s Association (Cal Bowl, Java Lanes, AMF Cerritos) merged with the Los Angeles Women’s Bowling Association in 2004-05
LOS ANGELES WOMEN’S BOWLING ASSOCIATION, INC.
Organized August 31, 1925 • Incorporated November 17, 1930
Chartered with WIBC September 2, 1930
All past Hall of Fame inductees from previous associations are grandfathered into the Hall of Fame for the surviving organization.